Monday, August 3, 2009

The feeling of death

We may be able to give thousands of solutions, ways and even opinions to solve a particular situation. We may also be able to describe the problem as clear as we can and we thought that we are competent enough to face whatever situations.

However, things won't turn as we all wish when we are in the true situation. This is due to the feeling of fear and panic, our mind may not be able to think at all. You won't think to do even the simplest thing.

That is what i felt when i was almost drown in swimming pool recently.

I thought i am able to manage myself in a deeper pool since i know the way of getting myself float. However i failed to do so when i get into the water. The feeling of fear came to me suddenly when i saw the dark blue underwater world. The spaces really frightened me and the first thing came to my mind was to get out of the water!

In order to get out of the water, the way is to swim. It's easy for me to swim to edge of pool, which is not as deep as the center of pool. I did something wrong: i tried to jump for help. The more time i jump, the more water i drank. The water pressure made me feel hard to breath.

Nothing came to my mind but death.

I could achieve the edge with my silly displacements at last. I could save myself at last.

When i rested myself, the rescuer came to me and asked me a question: what's the taste of water? I smiled with him and replied: not bad!

My way of solving problems is to get myself to imagine of getting in the real situation and think about the ways. Now i realise that no matter how good am i in getting solutions, i still cannot get myself to solve the problem. Emotion will always lead me whenever we are. When i can really get control of myself?

It's still a long way for me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment