Saturday, July 18, 2009

Homeliness

The second weekend i came back from college. My dad went to take me as usual.

As usual, he would ask me whether i am hungry so that we can go to have supper together. Even though i knew that was his excuse to have supper, i still went along with him.

My dad is a funny guy. He likes to use his only son as an excuse to do something he likes, just like having supper by telling my mum that his son is hungry. Or else my mum will nag at him again.

Two guys sat down without telling much. Just like two strangers having supper together. I kept finding out topics to chat with my dad, but i failed to do so. I just wondered why i failed.

People say i am a well-socialized person. That's true. I can mix around with people, even strangers without using much time. I can get topic to chat easily. But why i can't do it when i face my dearest parents?

Suddenly, i felt there is a distance between us. Communication gap always exists between my parents and i, but now it's getting larger.

Getting further from home, but i never miss my home. Soon homeliness may become homeless.

That's what i worry about.

1 comment:

  1. 有时候他们是关心,只是他们不会用言语来表达

    ReplyDelete